A 4-week course designed to help non-stop doers and caretakers become
mindful of their needs and make self-care and wellness a priority.
As we learn to have compassion for ourselves, the circle of compassion – what and whom we can work with, and how – expands.Pema Chodron from Comfortable with Uncertainty
True or False?
It’s never the right time to do your thing, and the needs of the many almost always outweigh yours. Whether by circumstance, choice,
or both, you’re the person who people depend on to get things done and done right.
Lately, you catch yourself feeling increasingly resentful and disappointed and it’s affecting your relationships and the quality of your life.
Every little thing seems to bother you and your patience is falling short. As you lay in bed at night, you look back at your day and wonder . . .
“Why did I have to snap at the kids? They were just being kids.”
Life’s hectic. Our times are fraught with uncertainty and stress.
Your parents are aging and they need more attention and care. The kids are always going through one transition or another and you’re
doing your best to be there for them and support them. You’re working long hours in a job that’s lost its luster. If you only had the time and energy
to rethink this job thing.
Other people appear to have their act together. They’ve figured out what they want and they’re doing a fine job going for it. You can’t help but
feeling a tinge of envy.
The stress is taking its toll. You’re tired and have trouble breathing sometimes. There’s this yoga class you’ve wanted to take for a while now
but something always gets in the way. You don’t remember the last time you read a good book.
There are nights you can’t sleep. You wake up in the morning feeling as tired as you were when you went to bed. You may feel distracted,
uninspired and exhausted.
Does any of the above ring true?
If you’re burnt out and overwhelmed, you won’t be much good to anyone. You can continue along the same path, or you can begin to make small changes.
The key is to begin where you are. It’s the small changes that often have the biggest impact on your health and well being.
I invite you to join me for this course. During our time together we’ll:
- Discuss how ignoring your needs can result in feeling resentful and irritable which in turn will have a negative impact on the quality of
your life and relationships
- Asses your personal beliefs, challenges and habits
- Identify common setbacks and self-defeating behaviors
- Examine the Body-Mind-Spirit connection and how the practice of Mindfulness can become a game changer in your efforts to making
meaningful and lasting changes
- Define your personal vision for health and wellness, and
- Create a plan for living in balance
This is an interactive course where you get the opportunity to:
- Engage with material that has been developed with you in mind
- Share your challenges, perspectives and insights, and receive immediate feedback
- Receive personalized attention and coaching throughout the course. I’ll be with you every step the way, supporting you, answering
your questions, and giving you feedback.
How does it work?
- This 4-week course is delivered via a user-friendly, online learning platform.
- You can participate from the comfort of your home or office and work at your own pace and timing.
- Once a week we’ll get together via Zoom to discuss your insights and progress and support you as you take steps towards making self-care a priority.
- You can access the material through your computer, phone or tablet.
- You can take it by yourself, as a personal retreat, or with a group.
- Each module contains course units. Upon completion of each course unit, you’ll gain access to the next one.
- As you move through the course, you’ll be checking off the activities as you complete them and will have the opportunity to share your insights.
- During the 4-week period, I’ll be right there with you, meeting via Zoom, reading your responses, answering your questions, and giving you feedback.
- If, at any point, you’d like to schedule a personal coaching session with me, as a follow up to this course, just let me know.
Course participants can sign up for individual coaching sessions at $85 per session. This is a discounted price for existing course participants only.
What to expect
Allow yourself 20-30 minutes a day to:
- Review the material
- Reflect and complete the coaching exercises, and
- Share your insights
What makes this course different?
This is not the kind of course where you sign up and you’re left on your own.
I’ll be with you every step the way, supporting you, asking questions, giving you feedback, and being available.
Tuition for this course: $145
Payment accepted via PayPal or Venmo (@Yota-Schneider).
You can register by using the form below. Once I hear from you, I’ll forward additional details and an invoice.
If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.Jack Kornfield