There is a stream that cuts across our back yard. Yesterday, it seemed completely frozen. When I looked closer I realized that, right under the ice, there was this faint vein of water moving. There is life at the bottom of this stream.
There are frogs, fish, and all kinds of creatures snug in the mud, waiting and preparing for the thaw. Spring is coming and when the temperatures are right and the environment hospitable, they’ll find their way to the surface and they’ll begin yet another cycle.
We too are creatures of nature. We live our life in cycles; endings and new beginnings and everything in between. Every cycle has its own purpose. There are tasks we need to accomplish. The better we are at being present with ourselves, the easier and more purposeful our transitions become.
You can try being present with yourself now.
Take a couple of deep breaths and pay attention to your thoughts. How are you talking to yourself? Notice the impact of the words you’re using. How does your body feel?
- Are you looking at your surroundings and wondering why you haven’t done anything to change a few things?
- Are you contemplating your relationships and realizing that some of them have run their course and you’re finally ready to let them go?
- Have you started feeling more energetic and excited, only you’re not sure why?
- Do you catch yourself dreaming of new possibilities and different ways of doing things?
- Are you ready to look ahead and plan?
Are you ready to begin letting go of the old and creating space for the new?
What would you like to begin with? What is calling you to new beginnings?
This month’s posts will be all about our exit strategy . . . exiting Winter and coming to the surface for a breath of fresh air and brand new possibilities. Stay tuned . . .
Photo by Thomas Kinto on Unsplash